Announcement of Chapter Executive Director Open Position
Friday, December 9, 2016
National Association of Social Workers – Massachusetts Chapter
The Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers, with a membership of 7000, is seeking an Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
- Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience
- Social work degree, MSW preferred; college degree required
- Strong executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, relevant legislative efforts, membership services, and continuing education programs
- Strong budget and financial management skills
- Strong program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong legislative experience and skills
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Basic proficiency with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment.
The Chapter office is located in Boston; travel required to other Massachusetts communities, as needed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits, including health and life insurance, and retirement.
Application deadline: January 20, 2017
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants will email a cover letter and résumé, addressing above qualifications, to: email@example.com
NASW-MA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.